Feng Shui Tips Flagstaff AZ
Interior Design and Home Staging
Mallett Design Works
Prices and/or Promotions
Black Canyon City, AZ
Prices and/or Promotions
Free Initial Design Consultation
Rosie On the House Referral Network
Feng Shui Tips
Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese system of aesthetics that is believed to utilize the laws of heaven and earth to help one improve life by receiving positive energy. I have been learning feng shui from some folks and now I will inform you the ones that I have either used myself and benefited, or adviced to some of my friends who have benefited. Some of the tips have not been tried but these are ones that almost all of the feng shui masters I have met swear by. I will omit the ones which either I have not found to work, or there were contradictive opinions from the masters.
1. There should be no obstructions outside your main door. If there is an obstructing wall or a staircase, you should alter the entrance.
2. There should be no mirrors in the house directly opposite the main door. Such mirrors result in reflecting back the good energy which enters the house.
3. Front door should not face a toilet door. Since toilet is a negative area, the good energy coming from the main door enters the toilet and gets drained away. If you have this arrangement, change the entrance of the toilet from another room or from another wall. If you cannot do this, construct a solid barrier between them. If the toilet is very near the main door, change the entrance.
4. Keep a bowl of regular unrefined sea salt in the toilet, preferably on the window sill, if it exists. There are lots of toxins in the toilet and salt absorbs it. You should also replace the salt as and when it gets soggy.
5. Avoid 3 doors in one line. If this happens, energy flows at high speed and adversely affects the occupants of the last room. You can change the middle door to avoid this problem.
6. Avoid top floor flats if the water tank is above the flat. Since water at a height is considered dangerous, sleeping below it is very risky.
7. Keep the front door free of obstructions. Since good energy flows from the main door, any obstruction like a shoe rack will stop or reduce the flow of good energy.
8. Never sleep on a double bed with two separate mattresses. This is very bad according to feng shui, because sleeping on separate mattresses lead to separation. Many difficult marriages on the verge of divorce have been said to have been saved, just by correcting this problem.
9. Do not keep mirrors in the bedroom, especially ones facing the bed. These days, couples have a fancy of keeping mirrors not only in front of the bed, but also on the ceiling! Such mirrors create major disturbances in the marriage and may even lead to a third person entering the relationship.
10. Avoid sleeping in front of the door. It is important that neither the head not the feet are directly in front of the door. This reduces the life of the person and also affects his health.
11. Do not keep leaking taps un repaired for long. Since water is considered wealth, leaking taps is said to drain your money.
12. Do not sit with an open window behind you, as it drains positive energy and causes stress. You are also at risk of being cheated.
13. Water and fire are opposite, so never keep the kitchen burners and the saink/water pot either adjacent to each other, or opposite to each other. Keep them away and facing different directions.
14. Try to have at least one meal together with your family. This enhances the relationship between the family members. Remember, a family that eats together, lives together, stays together!
15. It is a good idea to have a mirror reflecting the dining table. It creates an impression of double the food on the table, and proposes that the family will never lack food.
16. Never display pictures or paintings that depict scenes of war and violence. It leads to arguments in the family.
17. Avoid open book shelves; keep them covered. Open shelves create “killing breath” which is harmful to the occupants of that room.
18. If you have clocks, watches and other old appliances, remove them at the earliest or get them repaired. Keeping them at home or office brings bad luck.
More of my articles can be found at http://www.bharatbhasha.com/author.php/Nirjara 20Rustom
Nirjara Rustom moderates the Home Improvement Section of http://www.bharatbhasha.com at http://www.bharatbhasha.com/home_improvement.php
Provided by ZingArticles.com